Blue Heart Community Care is dedicated to safeguarding the health of Participants that use our services and the Support Workers, Support Coordinators, Cleaners and Gardeners carrying out these supports. In this crucial time, Blue Heart Community Care has implemented a COVID- 19 Response Plan to ensure the health and safety of our Participants and Support workers.
COVID-19 Response Plan is informed by Victoria’s DHHS guidelines, Australian Government Department of Health guidelines, Work safe Victoria’s policy and NDIS advice.
COVID-19 Response Plan for Support Worker
- A Support Worker who has come into contact with any person who is a carrier of the COVID-19 virus, or any new case, must immediately inform our team via 03 5995 7709 or 0433979780
- The Support Worker will be required to complete a COVID19 test and wait for its result before starting his shift. If the result is positive for flu, cough or cold virus, he/she will have to self-isolate from others in their household for 7 days and need to complete another COVID-19 test clearance before resuming the work.
- Blue Heart Community Care team will continue check on the support worker and assist them with any other requirement.
COVID-19 Response Plan for Participants
- If participant, family member/career or anyone else in the participants household becomes aware that they have come into contact with anyone infected with Covid 19, we ask them to inform us as soon as possible.
- Management will provide the participant with contactless support if needed including information packages, emergency supplies and connection to contactless support services.
- Our team will regularly check the Participant to ensure their wellbeing and if they require extra assistance.
COVID-19 Precaution to Office
- We encourage avoid visiting the office unless it's absolutely necessary.
- Both visitors and employees are checked in at the front desk to track the temperature. In addition, hand sanitizer dispensers are provided around the workplace as a means of preventing germs from spreading.
- Personal protective equipment is available for support workers and participants to collect. They can be picked up from the office include protective gloves, masks and sanitizers in spray bottles. The management will be wearing face masks at this time.
- We ask that you, our valued participants and the community limit coming in to greet us at our office unless absolutely necessary. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause but know that it is for your safety as well as ours.
- All the required meetings are held over Zoom limiting the presence of in-person interaction.
- Staff members whose presence is not necessary for the workplace are asked to work from home. They will receive all equipment and resources to work efficiently.
- All the required information has been made available for all Support Workers.
- The management will continue to an analysis and monitor the situation and adapt the training if needed to respond to the covid 19 pandemic.